Friday, August 16, 2019

God Wishes That We Would Prosper & Be in Good Health


3 John Chapter 1 vs 2
Christian Journalist Author Victoria Sheffield

In doing some background on the history of this chapter I realize that the verse is an epistle written by John. The epistle was written to a man named Gaius. We know that an epistle is a letter inspired by God written to the early churches. So lets take a look at what the verse says......

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Two Supporting Verses

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness.


 I am so amazed at the wording especially when John refers to Gaius as beloved. I want to concentrate on the fact that God not only wants us to prosper but wants us to be in good health. 

A while back I thought a lot about what this means. What the Lord showed me in the spirit was the fact that we can not enjoy the things that we've accomplished in life if we are unhealthy. Part of being healthy is making sure that our whole being is taken care of. Each one of us should take care of our spirit man as well as our physical bodies. 

We can do this by staying in his word and by not allowing ourselves to live our lives full of stress. We all want to be successful but if we don't have a true relationship with God, how can we be prosperous. God is the way, the truth, and the life. He will bring life to our dead dry bones but we must align ourselves up with his will.

His will in spite of everything we face is for us to be victorious. 

Victory for me means....to be 

Vigilant
Immovable
Consistent
Thankful
Observant
  Radiant
Yielded

God himself just gave this to me! Recently God has been dealing with me on the topic of "Setbacks are Setups" We will all go through some stuff while we are on this earth but don't forget to take care of yourself even while in the storm. 

Look your best and work on being the best you!!

Prosper!! 

Thanks so much for reading this!
#ChainBreaker

Dr/Evangelist Victoria Sheffield

Check out one of my publications!!


Be Still and Know That I am God Daily Devotional https://amzn.to/2S9DlUX
Visit my official website 
Like my facebook page!
I have an amazing prayer group - 
I'm on Twitter
Instagram Too!

If you didn't get a chance, tune into my latest broadcast.
Copyrighted Article & Quotes by Jeru Publications



No comments:

Post a Comment