Sunday, January 27, 2019

Be Still and Know That I am God

Evangelist Victoria Sheffield


Its been a while since i've had time to write an article but as a Christian author I realize I must take some time to do what I am called to do. Today I strongly feel God is placing in my spirit that battles are not ours to fight. When we are going through do we forget about the fact that there was blood shed for us? As humans it's easy to doubt God and worry about how or if God will do what we ask.  In life there will be things that happen that will just about knock us off our feet. After the shock will we throw in the towel or will we stand on the word of God? I've been there where I stressed myself out trying to figure it all out. My emotions were all over the place and I found it hard to trust God. We know that God is not the author of confusion. 1 Corinthians 14:33. “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.” Will we faint or will we pray? Will we become angry with God or will we trust him? Will we consult with our friends about our situation or will we lean on God? God does not want us to worry! 1 Peter 5:6-8 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Some are sick because they fear, doubt, and worry about what tomorrow will bring. Some even seem to feel as if God isn't speaking to them but he is. His hands are in every situation and he tells us that he will never leave or forsake us. We must learn to Be Still and see what he has to say about our situations. In other words in time he will allow us to see his glory. Spending time alone with God allows us to clearly hear instruction. Sometimes we must be still so that we won't go ahead of God and try to fix things on our own. God sees how much we trust him when we take our hands off our situations. I love the quote "Peace be Still". This means I will stop worrying about it and gain peace in the midst of the storm. One thing I know about God is that he can change any situation in the twinkling of an eye. If he doesn't change things for what we feel is better, it doesn't mean he can't.

Today I want to encourage all to fast, pray, and read your word for guidance and strength. Don't forget to stand on the word of God. Know that God hasn't forgotten you and can bring healing in any situation. Have faith to believe in HIS will for your life. Live a life of peace knowing that God has you in his best interest.


Psalms 34:19
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.” 

I hope something here helps you get through difficult times. Think it not strange when you go through things in life. Nothing takes God by a surprise!

1 Peter 4:12

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:” 

Psalm 46:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Remember in the book of Job God gave the enemy permission to test Job. Take note that the enemy may try us but God will be exaulted high above anything that comes our way! He is still in control and the Blood Still Works!

Thanks For Visiting!

Evangelist/Dr. Victoria Sheffield

Join My Prayer Group on Facebook Here
Like My Facebook Page!

2 comments:

  1. God has a way of allowing me to hear the message that I need to hear and thank you so much for giving me this message and may God continue you to bless you

    Sandra Mosley

    ReplyDelete